A fantastic opportunity to join our wonderful accounts team in Halifax, West Yorkshire.
Job Title: Credit Control Manager
Location: Accounts Head Office – Halifax, West Yorkshire
Position: Permanent & Full Time
Remuneration & Benefits: £30,000 – £35,000. £35K+ (subject to experience)
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Job Summary & Main Duties
- Managing a small credit control team (Overall Ledger £3m)
- Managing your own ledger of key accounts (£1m+)
- Organise Monthly Credit Control Meetings
- Liaise with the Field Sales Team & Branch Managers in support of cash collection and query resolution
- Manager Credit risk, Set & Review Credit Limits
- Flag & Administer potential legal matters
- Delivery of Monthly Cash Collection & Debtor Day Targets
- Work closely with the Financial Controller in maximising cash collection
The successful candidate will possess a good level of experience as a Senior Credit controller or Credit Control Manager
Comprehensive working knowledge of Invoice Discounting processes must be demonstrable.
- Staff Management Experience
- A clear ability to build relationships and work professionally with line managers, operational staff throughout the business, and key customers
- Strong computer skills within a recognised Credit Control Accounting System, a recognised Credit Control Diary System and a good level of competence with Excel.
- A clear understanding of Credit Risk Assessment techniques.
- A thorough knowledge of end-to-end credit control processes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the professional management of a growing sales ledger, meeting cash collection targets agreed with the Financial Controller, and overseeing the delivery of a material improvement in Debtor Days.
Resolving invoice queries with care, diligence and timeliness will be a key responsibility, requiring robust processes and an ability to build trust and respect among colleagues & clients.
Supporting the Financial Controller in maintaining bank relationships and administrative duties will be central to this role.
For more information or to apply please send your CV to Tim Phillips (Financial Controller) and Jo Anderson (Finance Director).